Sealing WC Flushpipe -> Pan

I have just finished installing a new toilet. Its a back-to-wall with a hidden cistern. Everything's gone in ok except there is a slight leak from the grommet between the WC Pan and the flush pipe. I used the grommet that came with the toilet but there still seems to be some leak from it? The grommet is made of rubber. What's the best way of sealing it up? Silicone either side of the pipe on the grommet and then in the rubs of the seal? This is the only toilet in the house so something quick-drying is preferred :)

Cheers Rob

Reply to
Rob Convery

Best to avoid sealants unless really essential. Are you sure there is no distortion or dirt preventing a good fit?

Reply to
john

Silicone. I wasted hours trying to reseat mine or use Plumber's Mait. A complete waste of time. A copious supply of sanitary sealant had it watertight in moments.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle