Sealing the area between wall and floor

I'm part way through insulating my brick shed (see Fixing Celotex to walls post). On one wall where the bricks meet the concrete there are cracks and holes which might in the future allow damp (or whatever) through.
Can anyone recommend a good sealant that I can paint on the area.
Also, I've used a silicon sealant to fill the gaps between the door frame and the brick work. Is that a good idea.
Want to make things as sealed as possible before covering in Celotex.
Thanks.

Expanding foam.

Make sure it is exterior grade. However, expanding foam is what you should use to fill gaps in window/door frames. It is a good insulator.
Ignore the instructions that say how to clean the nozzles, the stuff is sticky as a very sticky thing. Your chances of successfully cleaning the things is zero. You basically get one change to use the can, unless you choose one with 2 different sized nozzles, so you can use it twice. I wonder when one manufacturer will catch on and sell packs of nozzles? I'd buy them.
Christian.

The gaps are quite small. Will Expanding foam be ok for small gaps.
Can i put flashing tape over the "join" between wall and floor to seal it?

Christian McArdle wrote:

Screw fix sell a 'cleaner' thing which you can use to clean out their applicator gun which is separate from the foam itself.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 040 (Cleaner) http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 315 (Applicator gun) http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 821 (Foam for gun)
David

Very nice. I can't justify the cost for the small amount I use, though. Unless the cleaner works with 3rd party disposible cans.
Christian.
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:51:57 -0000, "David Hearn"

I use this all the time for standard cans of foam - works a treat. I'm pretty sure from the smell that its acetone. Tim Hardisty. Remove HAT before replying
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:42:24 -0000, "Christian McArdle"

I think you answered your question :-)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

If you pour lots of acetone through the nozzle before it sets too much, you can clean it. Acetone gets it off your hands too. It will probably turn out to be horribly carcinogenic in the next few years (after generations of women have used it to remove their nail varnish.)
--
Tim Mitchell

Christian McArdle wrote:

Stick a cocktail stick in the short end and a bamboo kebab stick in the long end. When the foam has set, twist and pull the sticks and the foam will come away leaving the tube clean.
Roger.