Sealing Existing Gully

Hi all

I have an existing gully which is no longer used. It is actually right outside a patio door (this door is in the wall of the dining room which was originally the kitchen). So the previous owners simply put a step over it and I am likely to replace this with similar. From what I have seen, I am reasonably sure that the drain tees into a return leg under the kitchen floor (also an extension). Digging up the kitchen to blank off this branch really isn't an option.

So, if left, the water in the gully will presumably evaporate, allowing smells back under the step.

Any recommendations on how to seal this? I thought just cut a square of plastic/uPVC sheet and silicon into grill aperture.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

There's apparently a standard method for sealing these. My mate had to do it when gully was going to be left inside new extension. Local building control people told him what to do.

Reply to
O.B.