Sealing compound for oil compression joints?

Subject says it all.

I mean a sealing compound that actually works, not just one that's approved but still p*ss*s oil out :-)

Heating oil, that is

tia

-- John Stumbles

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-+ What's afoot? Twelve inches, as a rule.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Red Hermetite. (sp?)

Used for gas fittings, and is excellent for oil once it dries.

Use with hemp or PTFE tape for screw on stuff, and smear olives in compression stuff before assembly,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I used no joining compound when making all my oil compression joins. Not a single leak. As far as I'm concerned, it should be the deformed olive that does the sealing, not some goop.

Just make sure you have copper, not brass olives.

Reply to
Grunff

Metal to metal is the way to go but for threaded joints I use Red Stag from decent Pipefitters suppliers such as BSS.

Reply to
John

My old dad, he always tolled mee, that old red herrmeetite, that don't go oorrff, eeet always steeky!

I seem to recall :-)

Reply to
Will