Sealing compound for oil compression joints?

Subject says it all.
I mean a sealing compound that actually works, not just one that's approved but still p*ss*s oil out :-)
Heating oil, that is
tia
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ What's afoot? Twelve inches, as a rule.
John Stumbles wrote:

Red Hermetite. (sp?)
Used for gas fittings, and is excellent for oil once it dries.
Use with hemp or PTFE tape for screw on stuff, and smear olives in compression stuff before assembly,

My old dad, he always tolled mee, that old red herrmeetite, that don't go oorrff, eeet always steeky!
I seem to recall :-)

--
Regards,

Will.

John Stumbles wrote:

I used no joining compound when making all my oil compression joins. Not a single leak. As far as I'm concerned, it should be the deformed olive that does the sealing, not some goop.
Just make sure you have copper, not brass olives.
--
Grunff

Metal to metal is the way to go but for threaded joints I use Red Stag from decent Pipefitters suppliers such as BSS.