Sealing around kitchen sink

A Franke stainless steel kitchen sink, needs to come out to replace the tap.

Looking to buy a sealing strip to seal around it once it goes back in place. Not sure what is the correct terminology - it is the plasticine-like strip that you place around the lip, then tighten, and trim the excess.

Any idea where to get it from? Found on when searching specifically for a Franke one, but at £23 I am sure I can so better (I assume it is generic?).

Reply to
JoeJoe

thick bead of silicone & forget the tape?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I would rather leave the option of repeating the process in the future open... I am sure silicone will provide a much better seal, but it would be near impossible to remove without causing damage to the (laminated) worktop.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Why would it cause damage?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

It wouldn't. Removing it should I ever need to repeat the exercise will likely would.

Reply to
JoeJoe

would it? take us through how you would do it to cause the damage.....

Anyhow TBH it doesn't sound like a regular occurrence to me somehow - the repeated installation & removal and refitting of 1 sink?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Why do you need to take the sink out to replace the tap?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It is a particularly large sink that seats over two base units, with the tap right in the middle, with no access to it, just two flxi pipes bent enough to reach it. You should have seen the other great stuff that our builder and his plumber left behind them...

Reply to
JoeJoe