sealing around double glazed windows

My double glazed windows are only sealed around the top and sides. Is there any reason (apart from builder laziness) why they aren't sealed underneath? There is definately a draft coming in underneath so I suspect that it's meant to be sealed.

Thought I'd check the collective uk.d-i-y wisdom before I go and do it myself.

Thanks

Reply to
John Kelly

Lobster

Thought not. Thanks. I went for a quick down the road and took a look at some of the neighbours double glazing and it was 4 houses sealed, 2 not so the seals have it.

Reply to
John Kelly

Maybe you need the ventilation.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Is that a bank draft, some sort of animal, a document "in the rough", a horde of squaddies coming through your windows, or what? FCS.

Reply to
Chris Bacon