Sealing an external wall

I have an external party wall that I have had cement rendered. The chap who did it left the bottom six inches not rendered - the rendering "resting" on a metal strip. Looks very good. He said he left the gap so that moisture would not get up the wall so easily and he suggested that I bitumen the bottom two courses. I would rather use a transparent sealer. Any particular type recommended please?

Reply to
Colin

The bare patch is an evaporation zone. Not recommedned to prevent that happening by sealing it up.

NT

Reply to
Tabby