Sealing a shower cubicle quickly

Hi all, If one has to seal a few gaps in a shower cubicle that at the moment has a small water leak running into it, what`s the quickest curing sealant? It is possible to divert the leak for a while, but obviously even doing this there is still a requirement to be able to use the cubicle within about 24 hours maximum for a shower before work. Ideally I`m looking for something that can be easily applied, and after a few hours would be able to continue curing even if it is continuously wet. Failing this, something that can handle being allowed to get wet a couple of times during its curing period would do - although the quicker the curing period the better. Any particular brand names to look out for (I`m in the UK) or types to bear in mind would be greatly appreciated!

Fixing the leak is, at the moment, not a possibility (it will be done in a month or two, but the cubicle needs resealing before then).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

I installed a bath with shower over it a month before it was actually got round to tiling the walls. Obviously we had to wait until the walls were tiled before we could seal the bath so I got some polythene sheeting (cut open bin bags would do) and taped them to the wall and they flopped sown inside the bath. It wasn't pretty but it meant no water leaked until we got the walls tiled and bath sealed properly. Could you not do something similar until you have time to seal it properly?

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

I`ve managed (due to it being a bank holiday and being able to get away without having a shower today) to get most of it sealed, but had a slight "incident" with the temporary bucket arrangement I was using to collect the water. Now I`ve got a small bit of sealant by the plughole that needs to set, and I`m on earlies tomorrow. I`m hoping that if it doesn`t get wet tomorrow it`ll be good for use on Wednesday morning, fingers crossed, but surely there is something out there that can be used that would produce a good seal in a few hours, rather than the 24-48 most things seem to take? :-)

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

I've used this before and found it works a treat

The Medway Handyman

thanks for the tip. Fingers crossed I`ve managed a bodge to keep it dry long enough for the stuff i`ve got to dry. if not I`l be checking that stuff out - is it deffinately suited for use indoors (with the appropriate precautions taken).

Thanks!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan