sealant for through wall soil pipe?

I have a 110mm soil pipe horizontally through a 160mm hole in a brick & breeze block wall. Anyone guide me to the best way to seal this with the wall? Do I use ordinary brick mortar, concrete, flexible mastic type sealant or is there something specific I should use? Thanks Freddy

Reply to
Freddy

I'd just use ordinary mortar. Should be fine. You could always apply mastic around the mortar/plastic interface afterwards, should there be any gap there, but there's no reason why there should.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Squirty foam and a plastic trim (or render/mortar) on the outside.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Think about fitting a sleeve first. 150mm soil pipe is ideal. That would be mortared in permanently. The 110mm soil pipe inside the sleeve doesn't need much, something flexible to accomodate movement. I would use an oil based mastic. Certainly not concrete.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander