SDS+ to standard chuck?

Hi,

Can anyone suggest where I may find an adapter to fit in my wickes SDS+ drill so I can use standard bits in non hammer mode?

Cheers,

debully

Reply to
-= debully =-

De Walt do an ordinary chuck with an SDS shank - TLC stock them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

If you;'re in Bristol, there's a big, well known shop in the centre near Temple Quay that sells all sorts of "stuff" including lots of tools. In the basement they sell keyed chucks with SDS adapaters for all of £5. Excellent kit BTW, it actually stood up to being used with hammer action on an SDS drill for a bout a week of solid use (100+ holes a day) before the chuck broke. But at that price I don't care. A Bosch chuck fell apart after just one hour.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "-= debully =-" saying something like:

An adaptor is available which will screw into a standard Jacobs chuck and allow you to insert it in the SDS 'ole. They're only a couple of quid, although I don't know if B&Q and the like has them. You'd find them at a decent toolstore. I bought the last one from a hire centre.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

My Argos SDS came with one in the box, same with the Macro version (14.99 + Vat). I thought it was a std offering (but apparently not) ;-(

I'll have a look to see if our local market stocks them (they stock most cheap addon things ..) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

| >>Can anyone suggest where I may find an adapter to fit in my wickes SDS+ | >>drill so I can use standard bits in non hammer mode? | >

| >An adaptor is available which will screw into a standard Jacobs chuck | >and allow you to insert it in the SDS 'ole. They're only a couple of | >quid, although I don't know if B&Q and the like has them. You'd find | >them at a decent toolstore.

I purchased a relatively decent 20mm replacement keyless chuck and then an standard to SDS chuck converter, came to a smidgen over £20 (would have been less for 12mm chuck), purchased both from B&Q (much as I hate to admit it).

Seri|

Reply to
Seri

Temple Quay? Not in my A to Z. Do you mean Gardiners off Temple Way, or is this somewhere new?

Reply to
OldScrawn

Mine has a special SDS fitting which allows it to turn, but not hammer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

In article , -= debully =- writes

Wickes sell one, but it was such a silly price it was cheaper to buy a corded drill.

J.

Reply to
John Rouse

It's possibly a biut new. It's where I work sometimes so it's one of the few street names I know in Bristle.

Yes, that's the place.

Not new, and it may well be off Temple Way. They sell homebrew on the same floor as tools if that helps.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I wouldn't bother. Buy a cheap mains drill. Probably similar cost to the chuck converter, but far more useful.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I'd agree with that. Any normal chuck fitted to an SDS is likely to be very sloppy - ok for rough drilling, but not nice for anything accurate. When I bought my De Walt, I got the 'ordinary' chuck included. Think I've used it once - it makes the whole thing too unwieldy, compared to an ordinary drill.

Reply to
Dave Plowman