SDS & the Bosch GBH 2-20 SRE

I was in B&Q today (sorry) picking up some bits for a few shelves & I noticed the above drill, a Bosch GBH 2-20 SRE, in a clearance bin marked down to 30ukp. Seemed too good to miss, so I picked the last one up (after just avoiding buying the 110V model by mistake).

Does aynone know anything about this particular model or why it would be marked down so much? I figured good or bad, it would be worth 30ukp.

No accessories included. Any idea where I can pick up the chuck adaptor for straight bits &/or the adaptor needed to allow chiselling (possibly called mv100 iirc)? The former would be handy, but isn't essential. The latter I don't need atm, but would like at some point. I half suspect the model will be so out of date I'll be unable to get either of these; or the prices will be more than the drill cost.

I did try Google, but failed to find much.

Reply to
Michael Rozdoba

Hi Michael,

SDS Drill bits and other accessories are a slight bit more, not hugely more, expensive than standard bits, but they do last, by and large, a lot longer than the normal bits.

Have a look here:

BigWallop

do a search for SDS Drill Bits when you get there.

This link may work:

'm just out of bed, so bare with me. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

Since they seem to normally be in the region of 100 quid that was probably a very good deal!

Was it missing its case? Also the blue bosch tools often come with a range of drills etc. Again thay may have misplaced them and wanted to get shot of the drill with as little hassle as possible.

I have a feeling that this model was the one without rotation stop... which would rule out chiselling. Some specs I found on a web site:

# Power Input 500W # No Load Speed 0-850 rev/min # Impact Rate/Force 0-3900/min 1.5 j # Tool Holder SDS plus # Weight 2.3kg # Drilling Capacity 4-20mm # Concrete 65 mm cores in masonry

There is also some info on one of the Bosch sites:

John Rumm