SDS Drill

Hi all. I tried to use a Powercraft sds drill yesterday. Its my first time using such a tool and I'm not sure if its working correctly. When I inserted a chisel the sds chuck didn't seem to lock down on it. I'mpulling the 'collar' back..inserting the chisel and the collar slips forward again. But the chisel can be pulled out by hand. The chisel actually came with the drill in the case.

Is the chuck ****ed?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

The collar is pulled back when removing the drill. To insert a bit, you need to rotate the bit as you try push it, until it lines up and clicks into place.

Reply to
Mr Uncalled-For

Read the fu***** instructions that came with it.

Reply to
George

How good is your Mandarin?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not as good as y taiwanese

Reply to
George

Arthur 51 submitted this idea :

They can be a little sticky when new - The bit should lock in place and stay there, try pushing the bit in and rotating it until you feel it drop into place.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

SDS chucks are fairly loose but once the bit is locked in it shouldn't come out until the catch is twisted.

You have to line the bits up correctly in order to insert them properly. I always forget how to do mine and I've had it years.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer