SDS+ Drill

I am looking or an SDS+ drill that has a rotary stop function, so that I can do some chiselling, channeling work and tile removal.

I have these options:

?PID=133463&MAN=Bosch-Pbh-2000re-2kg-Sds-Plus-Impact-Drill-+-Case-550w-240v
know the Bosch blue will be good, but one question is whether it is worth the money over the Bosch green? And the other is, what are Draper power tools like? With all the extras included it seems like a bargain, but does that mean the tool itself is a load of junk, or the supplied bits are cheap and won't last (less of an issue)?

Your thoughts are welcome, TIA.

Reply to
Piers James

?PID=133463&MAN=Bosch-Pbh-2000re-2kg-Sds-Plus-Impact-Drill-+-Case-550w-240v

For sure - different class of tool altogether

Why do you think that the extras are included? All of these pieces have a cost.

Apart from the blue Bosch, take a look at the DeWalt 25103

Reply to
Andy Hall

Really, the answer is dependant upon how much work you have for the tool. If it's a one off, you buy cheap & throw away. If you want to use the tool for years, you buy Bosch blue.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

I would say if you are doing channeling work, then two things become important - a good facility to lock the position and rotation of the bit in a place of your choosing, and a very good speed controller so you can start with a nice fine line chase rather than bouncing all over the wall.

If the OP is considering the Blue Bosch (good tool) then he may as well look at the equivilent Makita, DeWalt, and Hitachi as well all these will provide the facilities described above.

Reply to
John Rumm

Most of the builders I've seen using "big drills" use Hilti. Rather limited availability though; I presume most of the ones on Ebay fell off the back of a transit.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

recommend the above highly,great drill and the price is excellent too

Reply to
Alex

> can recommend the above highly,great drill and the price is excellent too >

Nice drill, but just a heads up for anyone who's about to jump in with the BIN and didn't notice - that listing is the 110V version, they have the 240V as well in their Ebay store.

HLAH

Check the weight before you buy a cheap one. They work, they last reasonably well, but they weigh twice as much.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

a look in Wickes at their 'Grey' range Professional SDS drills, made by Kress in Germany. They have two "grey" SDS drills. The £130 job I saw for £99 "in store" in Dorking and the £99 job was £79. A three year guarantee which Makita, DeWalt, etc do not offer. The only choice in the 2kg range. I rate them above Makita and DeWalt.

I would definitely go for one of these. I have the expensive job and it is a very good and well made product by a quality German maker.

Argos sell a good SDS drill bit set @ £15.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Only look, don't buy.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

> I know the Bosch blue will be good, but one question is whether it is worth

I've had the Bosch blue 2Kg (older model) for about 5 years and its had some serious stick in that time. No issues, still works perfectly.

Reply to
TonyK

amongst other stuff, cutting 50mm holes through the wall for waste pipes, channeling for pipes and electrics and demolishing a built in brick shower cubicle plus sundry drilling for pipes etc. In a word, superb. The tool just ooses quality, very very happy with it indeed.

Reply to
Jeff

I was so impressed by my DeWalt that I bought my Dad one for Xmas a couple of years ago just so he could remove tiles from 3 bathrooms, remove and repoint the paving and take down some breeze walls. I have occasionally come across bricks that are too tough to chisel into with the DeWalt so then out comes the 4Kg Makita.

The DeWalt will not disappoint any pro or serious DIYer.

I did have to buy the tile removing chisel separately

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth