SDS - DeWalt or Makita & Difference between SDS & SDS Plus

Okay, so the amazing creeping feature creature has crept into my ScrewFix purchase. I realised that the purchase of an SDS drill would require new SDS Drill Bits. To use the SDS drill for sinking the sockets in the wall it was probably sensible to get a Electricians Box Sinker set (bloody £190!!!!). Long story short, my ScrewFix basket now contains £375 worth of stuff, but most importantly it has a: MAKITA 2KG SDS ROTARY HAMMER 240V

I just need to get signoff from SWMBO before I click the purchase button.

Thanks for all the help from everyone in the group and I'll be letting you know how I get on with it.

Thanks.

Seri

Is the DeWalt brand better than the Makita brand or vice versa?

Reply to
Seri

If you've got an SDS drill and a good chisel head you can cut out any shape you want with it. I looked at getting the box sinker as most of mine have to be set in stone but glad I didn't bother.

Conversely if you're an electrician and doing this day in, day out, that's another matter.

Reply to
G&M

ye gods! how many sockets are you planning to sink?

don't know that this is strictly necessary - you should be able to do this adequantely with a flat chisel bit.

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

Change of plans, before I approached the significant other I decided to scrap the box sinking set and just get 20mm 40mm and 80mm SDS chisels, £32 instead of £190, definitely more palatable.

I was seriously tempted by the thought of the box sinking set as my previous attempts and sinking them using a cold chisel were less than satisfactory...

Reply to
Seri

This is the point where you present the lower cost alternative along with the higher one and demonstrate how much money you've saved.

Women are adept at this.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In article , Seri writes

I'd get the Hilti TE5 or TE6. One month credit if account is opened can pay by credit card giving effectively two months credit. If one pays one's credit card bill on time this is quite efficient credit.