SDS back @ LIDL

FYI Lidl have their Parkside SDS drill on offer again @ £35. Three function, 1050w, 2.2 joules.

Never used one but people here say they are OK.

They also have an 11 piece SDS bit set for £8.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thats from Thursday 12th BTW.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If the drills are the same as the one I bought 8 years ago they are very good. The masonery bits however are crap!

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

SDS drills are all for masonry?

The ordinary HSS drills Lidl sell in that blue steel case are ace. Best value around. Never use ordinary masonry drills as I have SDS. And those Bosch multi-purpose for where I don't use the SDS.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Talking of Bosch bits and SDS: I bought a couple of Bosch SDS 6mm bits (and they had blue tips) and there was a mention of hammer not always being necessary. Anyway, needed to drill about 15 - 20 holes for vine eyes, both batteries on combi were flat(!), used 12V drill and no problem at all into rustic bricks.

The advantage of SDS bit in a non-SDS chuck is that there's just a smidgeon of 'throw' that gives the extra diameter for the plugs - somewhere between

6mm and 6.5mm.
Reply to
PeterC