SDS Auger Bits

Anyone got a link to them and price/quality?

Reply to
Michael McNeil

pounds upward, don't know the quality, but all their stuff is guaranteed to be ok or they pick it up and refund you.

mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Thanks for the prompt reply. I just found some links from a search of this site. Unifix is a lot cheaper if I understand their poor set up properly.

I last bought a set of augers a few months or more ago. They were about

6 quid for a set. Perfectly adequate of course. Someone at work was asking if they made them in SDS. None of us knew. Fancy that.

Screwfix has had some flack from people on this site. How do these sites:

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Protrade has a search engine and no flashing banners that bedevil the Unifix site but the prices start at 7.71. (I must sort out this keyboard.) The search engine couldn't find anything on sds auger bits but could find sds auger bits with a search for auger bits.

Duotool has evidently become Warehouse Direct. High carbon steel Auger Drill Set 6pc Contains 6, 8, 10, 12, 16 & 20mm x 230mm for a tenner. Similar search problem to Protrade's search.

Tooltastic don't carry them or the search engine is the worst so far.

The Draper site is one that may reward patience but is not designed for people in an hurry. They don't carry sds augers apparently. I couldn't be asked to try the edited search. I went on too long browsing the first return. 12 pages and the last one contained auger bits. I bet they would have loaded the most cookies if my firewall and setting had let them.

Machine Mart had a direct access to the search engine which I eventually got a hit from by whitling "sds auger bits" to bits: Stanley PZ2 SD Bits. So I won't be going there then. Actually I will. They have a shop in Hanley and I want a blade for my chop saw.

While you're online on one of these sites, take a look at the Ryobi cordless chopper. They reckon it can do the skirting of a 3 to 4 bedroom house on 1 charge.

Can I get a tranformer to run my 110v on a car battery?

Reply to
Michael McNeil

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 09:07:50 +0000 (UTC), in uk.d-i-y "Michael McNeil" strung together this:

That was well hidden at the bottom! Yes you can, sort of. You want an inverter. I don't know the best place off the top of my head but I know CPC and I think Maplins do them.

Reply to
Lurch