Screwhead

Which kind of screw head best transfers torque from driver to screw?

Reply to
Frederick Williams

Torx or Robertson (square) drive.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'm a big fan of Torx heads. We have a lot of books and I've put up a lot of spur shelving in our previous and current house. A decent cordless drill/screwdriver and a bunch of torx screws for me every time.

There are a couple of advantages. The screw will fit on the end of the bit and not fall off which frees up a hand and they hardly ever cam out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Guy Dawson@SMTP - snipped-for-privacy@cuillin.org.uk // ICBM - 6.15.16W 57.12.23N 986M

4.4>5.4 4.4>5.4 4.4>5.4 The Reality Check's in the Post! 4.4>5.4 4.4>5.4
Reply to
Guy Dawson

Square screws AKA robertson screws.

Reply to