Screwfix - What do you guys think?

As the title suggests...do you rate Screwfix? (bnearing in mind they ar

part of the B&Q chain)

Value for money or a rip-off with cheaper companies out there

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

Branded goods? Not bad. The rest? Cheap quaity and high price. They are not cheap anymore. Returns? Excellent.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

who are the cheaper companies?

Reply to
jgkgolf

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:>

Chinese prisons where journalists betrayed by Yahoo are sent.

Why the western world is dealing with them defeats reasoned argument. And yet I have tools from there.

You pays yer munie an you takes yer chances.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Pretty good

Reply to
Steve Walker

IIUC they are now owned by the same parent company as B&Q rather than being part of the chain as such.

Generally good value, impressive range, and good customer service.

If you want cheaper then try

- run by ex SF directors I believe. Their basic tools however really are *basic* though!

Reply to
John Rumm

"ex SF directors" , what, you mean Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness?

Good to see , not so much guns into ploughshares as guns into power drills!

Reply to
jgkgolf

Don't be silly, he means Stanley Kubrick, Ridley Scott, Terry Gilliam ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

Had a good experience with their customer services to day.

Had a rad which I bought 3 months ago and only just got round t hanging. Found out it was damaged and contacted Screwfix to give them piece of my mind. They changed it with out question!

Fair play to them

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy