Screwfix towel radiator

Anyone got any experience of these....

seem so much cheaper than everything else - are they crap?

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy

I fitted one in our shower room six months ago. Doesn't seem to be crap, certainly heats up and doesn't leak - too early to judge longevity. Wall fixings supplied were okay and I used a pair of chrome rad valves

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=&n=53901&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=7&y=11all good.

Reply to
Doctor D.

I've fitted several of these both chrome and white. Basically they are good valvue for money. Would expect them to last as long or longer than the ordinary steel radiators.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

CZCJO2C4CKTQ?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=&n=53901&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=7&y=11>> all good.

I fully concur... We've had ours a year now and we're more than happy with it. Heat output is great - it certainly does heat the bathroom as claimed.

Mat

Reply to
Mathew J. Newton

Bought my mum and dad one when they had CH installed and it works a treat. Only cheaper ones are half the size.

Mark S.

Reply to
mark

Installed one a few months ago (white version but otherwise the same). Perhaps it's early days, but I'm very happy with it. Looks fine, works fine.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Edgington

Why does the Screwfix web site also give me the "You may also be interested in..."

A chainsaw A router Pink Grip.

I'd have expected heating & plumbing parts.

And a fluffy toy.

Reply to
Huge

"Mathew J. Newton" wrote

Yep. Same here. I fitted the flat chrome one and it certainly kicks out the heat. I'd suggest a TRV on it if you have kids....

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to
Zymurgy

I've got one sat waiting to be fitted. There were some posts about they've arriving with some rust on them so I checked mine carefully. Seems fine.

So yes, it's a good deal.

Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

Cheers for all the advice. Anyone know if it's possible to fit an electric element (for summer) B&Q do them for about 30-35 quid for their range, but I can't see any reason why it won't work in others. Incedentally, the B&Q elctric bit is out of stock at our store and online - anyone know where else I can get one for a reasonable price?

Reply to
Jeremy

I've been looking for the 400 watt element. No luck on their web site, nor in five stores around West London. In the end, I found the 600 watt element in Luton's B&W, so I bought that. Haven't tried/measured it against the towel rails I bought (also from B&Q) but can't see any reason why it won't work.

The elements I found elsewhere - probably incompatible - were in excess of £60-80 each!

Regards Paul

Reply to
Paul Boakes