Screwfix radiators - small plastic clips query.

Screwfix radiators (and probably all others) are supplied with a small plastic bag containing wall fixing screws and plugs, bleed valve and blank plug plus four small plastic clips. Could anyone enlighten me as to the function of these clips and how they are to be fitted?

Reply to
PJ

I've never bought a screwfix radiator, but they may be intended to go on the mounting brackets to avoid metal to metal contact, which has the potential to make a ticking noise as the radiator expands and contracts.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thank you, Andrew, I would never have thought of that. I considered that they might fix the side or top panels more securely but could not determine how. Your idea seems to be more sensible and I will try tomorrow. PJ

Reply to
PJ

I've just looked at a Screwfix rad I fitted a year ago and that's excatly what they are for .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Andrew is dead right, they go on the brackets.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thank you for the three replies. I will now fit them tomorrow. PJ

Reply to
PJ