ScrewFix Radiators

Are Screwfix radiators any good, thinking of buying the double radiators as there cheap. Also looking at trvs should i buy screwfix own or pegler?

Newbie

Reply to
newbie

I don't know about the longevity of Screwfix radiators, but their datasheets in some catalogues have been incorrect and do not scale the outputs correctly for UK boiler temperatures. I don't know who the manufacturer is and prefer not to buy from unknowns. THe outputs should be multiplied by 0.9 to get the real output at 80 degree flow temperatures.

I would look at PlumbCenter's own brand, CenterRad, which are made by Myson and known good.

For the TRVs, Pegler are a good make, but also look at Invensys TRV4s from various sources. If you buy several, the price comes down. Cheap TRVs tend to not last very long and can be a false economy.

Do make sure you use corrosion inhibitor or any radiator will fail early.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I purchased a central heating radiator for the hall at the bottom of the stairs. I can honestly say, that I think they are great. Much better than those Myson rads that the heating engineer fitted when I had my heating installed. I like the fact that they are boxed in and are therefore neater in appearance. You can also fit the bleed vent on either end of the rad.

-- troubleinstore

troubleinstore

That's a little bit unfair. A bit like saying "I like Fords rather than Vauxhalls as the Ford I bought has electric windows and my Vauxhall didn't". Myson do a huge range of radiators in all sorts of shapes, enclosures, low surface temperature, even fan assistance etc.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You may be correct in what you say Christian.

By the way, How did you know that I prefer Ford's to Vauxhall's, but not because of the winodws

-- troubleinstore

troubleinstore

If you buy from Grahams and make sure you get the trade prices these are the lowest around for quality brands.

Reply to
G&M

While I share that sentiment, I bought one of the scewfix rads to add to our system in the conservatory. The rest of our rads are all Mysons.

I was pretty impressed with the screwfix rad. It had a good finish on it, and seemed more sturdy, especially in the area around the valve 'holes'. Based on this one I would probably buy again.

Reply to
Grunff

Isn't that like having a preference for dog shit over cat shit?

Reply to
Grunff

Shit is shit, but it depends on the purchaser which shit he purchases....

-- troubleinstore

troubleinstore

Not sure I get that, but good luck with the car anyway.

Reply to
Grunff

I've bought several over the last year and have had no problems at all. They don't look too bad either.

Ian.

I've fitted some very recently and they seem fine but then I've no experience of fitting other makes. The carriers dented one of the rads in my order so I had to re-order. I'd advise you to buy well in advance of your fitting date in case the same happens to your order. The packaging is OK but not carrier-proof. KW.

Reply to
Kevin Webb

Statistics.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

They just come after lies and damned lies.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Are Grahams still an entity? The one near here was first changed to a jewsons and has now shut.

Reply to
BillV

they are part of the Jewson empire....