Screwfix QPL polybutylene pipe

Hi,

I see SF sell QPL PB pipe but they don't seem to sell any QPL inserts, just Floplast ones. I thought there was a golden rule always to use the same brand of inserts as the pipe. Can I use the Floplast ones or do I need to find QPL ones (from where?).

I see Toolstation sell QPL PB pipe but also an unknown make. Has anyone used this; what is it like and which inserts did you use?

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred

I use Speedit ones when going into speedit fittings (though the 15mm ones are a bit tight in the QPL pipe - sometimes need to push really hard or hammer them in, bit of lubricant helps) and Hep2O ones (stainless steel) when going in to compression.

Reply to
John Stumbles

These are the ones for qpl barrier pipe from Toolstation:

21648PEX Insert 15mm
Reply to
the_constructor

This is a PEX insert but I wanted it for PB pipe?

QPL say that the Floplast ones Screwfix sell are made by QPL for Floplast so will be ok. HTH.

Reply to
Fred