Screwfix opening all over

What is going on with this company, I turn around and there is one at the bottom of my street, not even in a retail area!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've not got one. Nearest is in Wakefield.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'm straddled. Luton and Welwyn GC.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That's nice for you, but we were talking about Screwfis shops

David

Reply to
Lobster

Soon they will be selling sheet materials and pot plants. Then they will have a cafe inside. Then soft furnishings and pet food.

Who knows where it will end?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Bartlett

Homebase.

Reply to
Bob Eager

It will end in the missus wanting to come with you "to get some ideas" .....

*sob*
Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

It's like the spread of Pizza and Kebab shops around here

Hot Pasties? Ah no, a Pub would be better :)

Then soft furnishings and pet food.

Bought out by either Tesco or Walmart or Amazon.

Converted into microdistribution centres for online orders.

Meanwhile Argos will silently go to the wall.

Reply to
Adrian C

And Xmas decorations...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Don't swear!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

.-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes, losing focus led to Focus losing.

Reply to
PeterC

What, turn into a car park? (which is what happened to my local Focus)

Reply to
Huge

The one close to us morphed into a Wickes.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ours turned into The Range

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Nearest here is King's Lynn, about 20 miles away.

But is it worth going? I've never been to a Screwfix. In fact, I've never bought anything from them online either, although I do seem to end up on their website frequently when Googling for stuff and the website layout is satisfactory.

In the store, can one browse around, like at e.g. B&Q, or is all the exciting stuff, e.g. corner clamps, routers, kept behind the counter?

MM

Reply to
MM

Tesco will take it over and get rid of the tools and screws.

MM

Reply to
MM

Is that really too bad? Their prices are no longer competitive.

MM

Reply to
MM

A fiver! I'm retired, so it's no skin off my nose when they come. No way I'd waste a fiver just to save waiting in. Why not spend the fiver on express delivery before 9 am or whatever it is they promise? Me, I always use Free Supersaver Delivery for everything.

MM

Reply to
MM

Budgens stocks Curtis pies, sausages, cakes and so on. (Curtis is a well-known family chain in Lincolnshire.)

MM

Reply to
MM