Screwfix next day service - not

Clear out of old crap.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Truth-in-advertising: another parcel came today, bearing the 2 missing items and most of a 3rd one I hadn't noticed was missing. Sensibly enough, this parcel included the 7lb log-splitting maul (bearing the improbable brand name "Cabinet Maker" - yes, a precision finishing tool ;-), which they'd packed separately from the one with the miniature flourescent light fittings! Boht parcels were marked as "1 of 1", which reflects the carrier's point-of-view (to them it's two separate shipments, as they'd been sent on differnet days), rather than the customer's p-o-v.

Ah well. The order's close enough to having been fully delivered that I don't think it's worth hassling them over the minor discrepancies, especially as I've had compensating minor oversupply of another item. Lessope they get themselves sorted out - meanwhile, Toolstation is about

1.5 miles away in realspace and even on the way to work, so I'm not likely to run out of the basics!

Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

I rang them tonight on the freefone number was told by the lady it was nothing to do with the move but "we are monitoring it on a day to day basis". Make of that what you will....

John

Reply to
John

Even the last missing item's now been delivered; so with the 5 separate shipments my 90-quid-or-so order's caused them, they're well behind on profitability for this one - but they've persevered in the face of system cockups and supplied goods as ordered. I call that "reasonable efforts" on their part, though I'd be mroe peed off if the goods had been urgent rather than needing to be conjoined with circular tuits...

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

Article on BBC's web site posted yesterday:

See

my order eventually turned up Thursday - took 4 days.

Martin

-- Martin J. Evans Wetherby, UK

Reply to
Martin Evans

In article , Lobster writes

And it's hardly any better now. I tried to order some items today -- the dowel screws were urgent, as I have to turn a replacement finial for the gable next door (for Saturday) and the contact centre had a recorded message saying the same sort of flim-flam. Their excuse now is that they were inundated with orders from the latest catalogue and, so they may clear the backlog and "once more offer the high standard of service" the call centre was not taking any new orders.

One could hardly wish for more concrete proof that their new ethos seems to be that the customers exist solely for the entertainment and amusement of the remaining staff. When I told the simpleton who claimed to be one of the call centre "management team" that the way to clear a backlog of orders was to pay overtime and to recruit more staff, he claimed that they were "recruiting hard" at the new call centre at Stoke-on-Trent. When I asked if it was possible to order via the web, I was told that once the backlog had been cleared, they'd reopen the website again.

What a wonderful way to ru(i)n a company!

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

In article , John Miller writes

"Fulfilment centre"? What the heck do they imagine they're running -- a mail-order ironmongers or a ruddy brothel?

How *do* they dream up such a silly name for a call centre or warehouse? Or have they imported some management consultants to meddle with their business and, in the pursuit of "efficiency", screw-fuxed it up completely?

This customer no longer expects anything from those bankers. [1]

Nonsense. If they imagine that they could "deliver even higher levels of service" than those they previously offered, the goods would have to arrive at least several days *before* they were ordered. The same levels of service that they once offered would be perfectly adequate but, as it seems the entire wunch of the bankers there are afflicted with cephalo-proctal intromission, there seems bugger all chance of that.

... and that Screwfux [2] may once more start to deliver within a week of receiving the order? That's what now seems to be their version of "normal" and "next day service".

[1] rhyming slang [2] not a typo
Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

In article , Stefek Zaba writes

Two weeks on, they're still playing at Silly Buggers.

Gosh! Do you really think anyone would do such a thing?

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

In article , nick smith writes

They'd first need to extract the heads from their respective backsides.

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

In article , Stefek Zaba writes

Perhaps it was meant to be used when "distressing" furniture?

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

In article , John writes

Round objects?

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

That's standard logistics industry speak for a warehouse and distribution centre. It comes from the same set of training courses the quality managers go on to learn how to delight the customer.

Management consultants are the convenient way, in large businesses to get somebody else to make the decisions and shoulder the blame.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well sorry guys, but I would do anything in my power *not* to buy from them anyway, not because of their name, who they're owned by or from any experience, it's just that over the past two or three years I have been wherever possible, buying from local, small/family firms. That includes groceries, diy, meat, electrical stuff, wood stuff, bricks, parts, paint, pieces etc etc.

At the end of the day I pay the same price as anyone for just about anything, except I'm buying it from local people who look after me, know me, do their best to help me and bend over backwards to *do the right thing". Even small/local places that don't know me have gone above and beyond the call of duty to be helpful, gone out of their way to "do it right" - and to be honest, I don't care even if they are dearer - they're better.

Yes, I (occasionaly) pay a bit more, yes I (occasionally) have to wait for bits to arrive, and yes I usually get a standard of service and quality of goods which goes far beyond the norm.

SWMBO and I haven't been in a Tesco's, Asda, Sainsburys etc for over two years now (actually I lie, there was a single moment last year but we've done counselling and have nearly forgotten about it). We've promised never to mention it to each other, ever again.

We're not greenies or lentil eating, sandal wearing[1] or anything like that, just normal[2] people who've had enough of the cynicism and crap dolled out by the large chains[3].

Cheers Bill

[1] That statement alone could induce some strong responses. I hope it is taken in the vein it was meant. If not, tough, get a life or sense of humour or something. [2] Normal is relative. Everyone believes they're normal, except me. [3] If you want the stories, just ask - but I fear it would be off topic for this group. Incidentally - ever wonder why Tesco's are opening all these little 'local' outlets now? It's actually to respond to a trend where more and more people already do, or are planning to, start shopping locally. Sorry can't remember or be arsed to find the reference :-) Bill
Reply to
invalid

In article , invalid writes

I was not aware that Screwfux sold meat...

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

trouble with that is it takes 3 days going round everywhere to get your order. (And at £1.15 for 4 screws... no ty.) I've found some locals are generally cheaper for what theyve got, but they just dont have the required range.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

They are just rotten with their delivery but--I complain every time, use my best assertive techniques and every time I get vouchers or free products. Mind you I'd rather have a good service the first time around.

Reply to
Lindie