Screwfix large items

A friend of mine, in the plumbing business did a test purchase of a CH radiator from Screwfix because it was £15 cheaper than the local (discount) plumbing store.

It arrived the next day but was damaged.

Screwfix official line - its a rare occurrence.

Delivery drivers unofficial line when picking up the item - I take back most of the single radiators I deliver because they are all damaged!

Reply to
Alan

I had a delivery the other day - the box had obviously been opened and rummaged (hole was about 30cm*25cm) - torn outwards, so the damage wasn`t caused by careless stacking. I was in work at the time and our security guard accepted it - the tear had been folded down to disguide the fact it had been rifled.

Not a lot to nick from my box, so they didn`t bother ! (2*flexi tap connectors, 2*22mm stop ends, compression joint spanner, and a bath / shower mixer tap) - the hole was easy big enough to get the taps out, and that was the biggest thing in the box.

The box was photographed and they were sent the pics before I opened it properly, just in case...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I've had two radiators from Screwfix (bought separately, some weeks apart). The first one (1200mm) was slightly bowed along it's length. I put it on the floor and flattened it out - not worth sending back. It also had a twisted top grille. Again fixed with a slight application of force. The second one, which was smaller, was fine.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Lynch

Well maybe he should stop damaging them then!

Reply to
daddyfreddy

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

If you have ever been to one of the delivery service depots to pick up a parcel and you have witnessed the vans being loaded/unloaded you may not be surprised that many goods are damaged in transit.

Reply to
Alan

I work for a Danish multinational. We have more transit damage to parcels in the UK than the rest of Europe combined.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

My experience is that doubles usually survive the journey, single (and paint cans) usually don't.

I've told S/fix that I've given up buying singles from them because of the hassle.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Looks like there might be a market niche for careful couriers. They'd have to recruit all new staff and make sure they were _completely_ inexperienced and train them from scratch so as to make a new culture.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Difficult to draw any conclusions from the _facts?_ supplied .... in absurdo; - are all the parcels 'in the rest of Europe combined' delivered within one kilometre of the 'Danish Multinational'; are all the parcels uniform? Does the Danish multinational utilise the same carrier for all destinations? Do the UK parcels travel by air-sea- rail- ro-ro truck?

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

My experience is that Screwfix are good at taking back the broken product, and sending out new ones. I have also found that they use a different carrier the 2nd time.

Almost all my issues with Screwfix have been with the delivery, and not with the bit beofre it leaves their buildings.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Talking about this with a delivery driver yesterday, he said there are three big skips behind the Screwfix depot, and a man with a clipboard directing where the returns are to be dumped. What a waste... and eventually we're paying for that.

Reply to
Ian White

I recently bought a setting tool for wall anchors and a vanity trap for a basin amongst other things. The tool doesn't work and I no longer needed the trap. When I phoned up to tell them, they just told me to bin the items and they would re-credit my account!!

What a waste of money!!

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell