Screwfix/Ferm tablesaw - "the beast"

I posted a while back about my old "tablesaw" burning out - the small 40 one. I was contemplating purchasing the big Screwfix tablesaw as a replacement.
Well, I did, and I used it lots over the weekend, and I can confirm, it's a beast.
It has several weak points:
First off, it's no precision instrument. The fence is very poor, wanders all over the place, and will shortly be replaced by a homemade version. The riving knife just won't line up with the blade, and there's no adjustment which can make it do so. I'll need to pack it out on washers.
But, it's powerful (at 2kW), and is of quite sturdy construction (although they don't give you enough washers to use one on bolt side and one on nut side; you have to supply your own).
At 150, I really can't complain. It will do the jobs I want it for just fine.
--
Grunff

Thanks for that. I desire a TS but since I fancy myself doing cabinet making with it need to spend more than 150, though I am often tempted by such beasts on the price front and wonder what they are like. I think I shall wait and save.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby

Mr Dingley's Wadkin looks like a pretty sturdy beastie...
cheers Richard -- Richard Sampson

Absolutely ! 500 quid seems the going rate for an old one, and there's nothing comparable available new. The two Kitys (419 / 619) are either only 8", or pushing a grand.
To rip 2" stock, I wind the handle on the fence until the pointer says 2", then I shove some wood through it. No measuring. No faffing abut getting the fence clamps accurately square to the blade. It just _goes_. Quiet too.
I've also seen eBay Wadkins go for 150 in a state that looked awful but only needed about as much work as I've already put into mine through choice. It's worth keeping an eye open.
OTOH, I used Axminster's 200 quid BTS10P for a few years and was quite impressed by it. B&Q also have something very similar, but with a fence that maybe looks better. You _can_ make good work on this saw, it just takes a bit more time setting up for a cut.