Screwfix Drill/impact driver deal

Most "normal range" PZ screws are PZ2. Big ones say from No.10 (No.12?) and up are PZ3. PZ1 from No.4 down?

The fit of the bit into a PZ head is fairly positive provided the driver and head are not baddly worn. The point of the driver should fit flush with the head not disappear into it (PZ1 or 2 into PZ3) or sit proud (PZ3 into PZ2 or 2 into 1).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That is not quite as clear as...

I've yet to see a PZ bit that didn't have the corner sections in. I was under the impression that they were part of the design rather and a manufacturing restriction.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'm talking bits/driver not heads... Though I guess you can peer onto the end of the bit/driver to see the fillet in the corner of the driver but that isn't necessary.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Compare a side view. You'll see the corner fillets. If they aren't there, it's a philips.

Reply to
<me9

They are caused by having to have the grinding wheel at 90 degrees to the shaft. Its damn difficult to not have them using grinding wheels to shape the blade. I believe I saw some that appeared to be forged to shape and they didn't have the leftovers.

Reply to
dennis

Interesting article;

The Medway Handyman