Screwfix Discount

Got an e-mail this morning offering 10% discount on orders,online and counter,of over £50. Valid to 10th Oct .A code needs to be entered .Did everyone get one . Stuart .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

nope, i got the top 50 deals thing again,

but my mum got the 10% discount thing last week, valid till last saturday, she sent it to me and i used it to buy a load of stuff for the kitchen i'm fitting right now,

Reply to
gazz

Yeah, I got that and the £5 off when you spend over £25, about an hour after spending £117. I did get £7 quidco cashback though!

Reply to
Slider

Ever though of using tool station, i used them for the first time a few months ago, there a lot cheaper than screwfix (in my experience), and the quality appears to be the same, not sure if the range quite as big though

Reply to
Exhausted

And that's the crux of the matter IMHO: often I've put together an order on Toolstation only to find that something I need isn't on their list. So it's over to Screwfix for that item, whereupon I then end up with two separate orders, probably now both below the minimum "no postage" charge, and the hassle of waiting around for two deliveries rather than one. Consequently, it's usually Screwfix who get my business.

David

Reply to
Lobster

No. I'm going to sulk...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If you're a quidco member (and as a regular S'fix member, why wouldn't you be?!) then if you login to S'fix via quidco you'll find the necessary code to enter to get your 10%.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Never heard of Quidco. I'll investigate. Ta.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh you're missing a trick there. Gives you 7% off all anything you buy from Screwfix just by logging on via their site

They do deduct £5 annual membership off your earnings, but that's trivial in comparison to the savings.

There are loads of these cashback sites around; I'm a member of about four I think, which covers most online shops which are subscribe to these schemes, and I would say most of the online shopping I do goes via one of them. Take out an insurance policy or a mobile phone contract this way and you can often find you get a £50 kickback on top of any other discounts or deals.

More info here:

This is a database which tells you which is the optimum cashback site to use for each retailer:

David

Reply to
Lobster

Lobster coughed up some electrons that declared:

Thanks for the tip - I need to get some stuff from screwfix :)))

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

if toolstation had a trade counter/shop in nottingham, i'd use them, but AFAIK they dont, so i go to the screwfix one, as when i want bits for a job i want them right now, not the next day when i'll be doing something different.

Reply to
gazz

Same here. Biggest problem is someone being home to accept the parcel, very tricky in my circumstances as Mrs Handyman works as well. Then you have to run around picking it up from the carrier. Big pain if SF don't have the item & you have to go back next day.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well they say "coming soon" for Nottingham.

Reply to
Rod

Without enquiring further it says Topcashback has no annual fee .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

It's like the "online" version of those discount cards that you get( or used to get) and you took them in to shops displaying their sign and you got a percentage off the purchase price .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Yep, fair comment: there are plenty of sites who don't - I think quidco's the only one of mine who does, actually - however quidco does seem to cover more retailers than the others, ie if you rule out quidco of your 'armoury' then it's likely you'll end up not getting cashback from some sites. The other thing is that quidco automtically pay up by BACS monthly IIRC, whereas other sites might wait till you reach a pretty high threshold before letting you claim your cash. So it's not a good idea belonging to 25 different schemes and spreading your cashbacks over all of them - so I use quidco as my first choice.

I clearly need to get out more, don't I...

David

Reply to
Lobster

There was an article recently where someone got their car insurance for £14. The premium was £114 but they went through quidco and got £100 cash back!

Reply to
Slider