Screwfix deliveries

As far as I can see, I've placed nine orders with Screwfix since September, varying in size from less than 50ukp to over 500. From memory, only two have arrived next day even though all except one were placed before 6pm. Two or three have had errors, none serious

The last twice I have ordered from SF, they have apologised in advance for delays. Just before Christmas it was "we're so busy that we've changed the deadline from 6pm to 5pm and you've just missed it". Yesterday (order placed at 2pm) it was "we're very busy so your order will probably arrive Friday." As yet (34 hours after placing the order) I've not had the email confirmation I usually get when the thing has been dispatched and am losing hope that the thing will arrive Friday as promised. Shame, it's a few things to complete a job and I'm going to have to ring the client and tell him there's no point me coming in. The stuff will presumably arrive Monday, so Monday's client will have to wait until Tuesday, and Tuesday's paperwork won't get done because I have another large job from Wednesday.

Can't say I've had much more luck with other mail order firms though. Although they usually arrive on time, I don't think I've yet had a completely correct order from CPC, and my first and so far only order from QVS was a complete disaster.

Grrr!!

Oh yes, Amazon have been good. Not a failure at all that I remember, and I've been using them for nearly five years. Shame they don't sell cable and sockets :-)

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove

In message , Martin Angove writes

I placed an order yesterday at about 1700, arrived the morning at about

11.30, I seem to be in a place where we get a good delivery service (usually Parcelforce nowadays) Pretty much every order I get has been on time.

If this is stuff for a job, maybe it would be worth the extra few quid for guaranteed next day delivery?

Reply to
chris French

Well, the point was that I'd already added in a day - I ordered the stuff mid-afternoon on Wednesday, hoping to have it for Friday - even though I have rarely had something arrive next day, it has usually arrived early the following day. I *thought* that this amount of forward-planning would be sufficient, but began to have my doubts when they told me "we're very busy" before I had even started placing my order. I suspect that even had I paid for the extra fast delivery, it would have at the best been extra fast on Friday morning.

I'm online now, specifically to check for email from Screwfix and they still haven't sent out their notification - 42 hours after I placed the order.

Hmmm... :-/

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove

For what it's worth my experiences with SF seem to be similar to those above. When I first started using them everything always turned up next day and I couldn't understand why they offered the guaranteed next day service, but it has slipped since those days, most noticeably when Kingfisher group took over, product quality plummetted and delivery got less and less reliable, consequently I usually source everything locally as they aren't as cheap as they used to be. My last order placed lunctime wednesday, delivered monday afternoon, but it was the week when we had a couple of slightly snowy days...

Reply to
Ed

Pleased to say that the stuff arrived about 10 on Friday, shortly after I posted the above. I still haven't had the email though :-)

As far as I can tell so far the order is correct and complete, though one item is damaged and will have to be replaced.

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove