Screwfix Counter

Made the mistake of saying how quick they were - Croydon branch. Not today. Took well over half an hour to get served. Wish they had terminals where you order and pay yourself rather than have to queue behind people who don't know what they want. Rather like Argos has.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Touch wood, the Gillingham counter has been 100% success for me, always seem to have what I want, quick service.

Probably won't last.

Depends on the manager IMO. I'm about halfway between the Chatham & Gravesend branches of Wickes. Chalk & cheese. Gravesend branch is clean, tidy, plenty of stock. Chatham branch is a complete tip, grubby, disorganised, untidy.

Screwfix Gillingham is run by an ex Tesco Express manager, which I reckon is a good thing.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The distribution of branches is a little odd/patchy. My nearest is Gateshead (approx 40 miles away) then near that there is North Shields, Middlesbrough and Sunderland. Two in Edinburgh with Falkirk not that far away, Glasgow & Livingston, a whole slew along/near the M62 corridor but nothing on the west side from Manchester to Glasgow. Lancaster and Carlisle are obvious places to put branches I would have thought (prefereably Carlisle...).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice