Screwfix :-(

Hi

Is Screwfix incapable of sorting out problems.

I ordered 10 22mm copper pipes, 10 15mm copper pipes turened up. I refused to accept them from the courier but they said that I had to call screwfix, who confirmed that I had to keep them and they would collect them. Ok I said will you then send out the 22mm so We can get on with the work. NO was the answer we will have to put you "misorderd" pipe back into stock and then send out the new pipe. At this point i pointed out the mistake was theirs not Mine. After talking to a team leader they agreed and said the 22mm will be sent out. On the wednesday after the weekend they come to pick up the old pipe but no new pipe. Call screwfix again to be informed that yes it does say that the 22mm should be sent out before the 15mm comes back but NO they havent sent it. Why I ask ? because we havent sorry, was the reply we will send it out now for tommorow. Next day comes, NO pipe call screwfix again. Again im told yes it does say it should be with you today but we havent dispatched it yet. You will get it tommorow Sorry.

At no point did screwfix seem to think that there was a problem. The fact that I had the floors up in mine and my babies room didnt seem to worry them.

Due to this and that their prices arent that cheap I wont be using them again. Im sure if they dont c*ck it up it all goes well but they seem incapable of sorting out problems if it does go wrong.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Not typical in my experience; only one problem in many orders and that was fixed very promptly and efficiently.

Reply to
OldScrawn

I've gotta say, I'm an *extremely* critical consumer, with a nice, long supplier blacklist, but Screwfix haven't even come close to making it onto that list. They've been invariably very good, superb customer service and pretty good pricing. I've spent around £4k with them over the last 3 years.

The only problems I've had have been with late orders, due to ParcelFarce rather than Screwfix themselves.

So while I'm sure your problem is genuine, I suspect it's pretty rare.

Reply to
Grunff

Ian, You do seem to have had a particularly bad experience with Screwfix. No consolation to you but normally they are very good and if odd items are missing they send these out very quickly. On odd occasions when I have had a problem, a non ranting email has produced a result, an apology and usually a credit voucher for the next order. I expect if you give them another chance you will be pleasantly surprised.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

They have been excellent for problem solving in my experience, their choice of carrier is a problem though.

They often send the same order twice, if you complain about late delivery, which is nice ;)

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

i understand your frustration. like the other posters, i've been very, very happy with screwfix over the piece.

however, when i did have a similar problem to you (a bloody big radiator which had a dent in it which wasn't noticed until it was fitted) screwfix took a similar approach:

  1. told me i needed to remove radiator from wall, parcel it up, return it, let them inspect it, and they'd tell me if it would be replaced.
  2. i told them that that dent was in a place where it would not have been bashed during installation, that professional services may be required to remove AND replace that rad, so did they want me to pay for this twice for two separate visits, and they did the same as they did with you - check with a supervisor and then agree to send out a replacement. i was quite hapy with this arrangement.
  3. replacement failed to turn up and i phoned to be told that i had to return the faulty item before they'd despatch a replacement. i told them of my arrangement and she apologised and said "ok, we'll send it".
  4. this same conversation took place a further twice before they sent replacement (along with a £10 gift voucher).
  5. we then agreed the time that the courier would pick the rad up and he didn't turn up. after the second appointment he came and took the rad away.

please can i re-iterate, i'm very happy with Screwfix for the vast, vast majority of my dealing with them.

if you require plumbing supplies delivered to your door, might i suggest you look at

(which is offline for maintenance @ 23:45 today)

notwithstanding that; i've found them very good and reliable.

paul

Reply to
Paul

I order from Screwfix fairly regularly. Most of the time there are no problems. When there is a problem, usually it is sorted out efficiently.

BUT, on one occasion I had serial c*ck-ups over 1 trivial item which lasted weeks. I won't bore you with the saga but it caused a lot of inconvenience and wasted time.

I was left feeling extremely annoyed and dissatisified so I sent a complaint to customer services.

I got a reponse which failed to address the issues I had raised, and gave the impression that the person who wrote it hadn't tried to understand my position or what had gone wrong at their end, and thought I was stupid enough to swallow a bit of copy-and-paste from the platitudes file.

They could have offered a proper reply and made a token gesture towards recognising how much trouble they had put me to, and I would have gone away happy.

Instead, several months later I'm STILL p***ed off enough with Screwfix to happily spend my time telling you about it.

That said, I still order from them becuase no company is perfect or will have a 100% unblemished record. On the whole Screwfix has good prices and good service. But if that sort of thing happens again then I will never touch them again ever.

I do now make an effort to look elswehere for the same items at a similar price, whereas before I was ordering from Screwfix automatically, so a few orders have gone to other comapines and Screwfix has already lost more revenue from me than it would have cost it to bung me a voucher or one-off extended discount or something.

W.

been very, very

radiator

fitted) screwfix

up, return

replaced.

not have been

required to

this twice for

you - check with

quite hapy

that i had to

told them of

they sent

rad up and he

the rad away.

vast, vast

i suggest you

23:45 today)
Reply to
Woodspoiler

Any Screwfix problems seem to get magnified by the call centre but in my experience they are among the best of the large mail order companies. BES seems to be copying SF in their new-look website, price increases, and the new delivery charges :-(

Toby.

Reply to
Toby

Thats the most disappointing thing about BES - they now charge for delivery on orders below £45. Previously they didn`t - ok it may well of cost a bit to do this but this is where they had an advantage over Screwfix & their pricing was competitive to traditional plumbers merchants. Not any more :-(

John

Reply to
John

Not my experience. Screwfix have always provided me with a polite and efficient service. Not always delivered the next day though, but I can live with that.

Reply to
Phil Norman

Scr has a policy of not sending replacements out until theyve seen what youve sent back. It stops people ordering something, saying its faulty and getting a second, and disappearing with both. Unfortunately if youre on a deadline it can be right annoying.

Just know what you get with them. Theyre cetrainly not perfect, but I cant say I've found any better.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

I've had no real problems with Screwfix, it's normally Parcel Force that have been the weakest link. Once they did send the wrong item and I was left short to finish the work. Now I always make sure I have all the items well before I need them.

Reply to
StealthUK

It's up to you to inspect stuff before you fit it so surely it's your fault that you have the inconvenience of removing and replacing it.

Reply to
adder

they were very good about that aspect of it and i appreciated it.

Reply to
Paul