Screw in sink

I have a kitchen sink made from plastic - it is has a main sink for washing up, and then a smaller sink right next to it, on the right, for, er, well, I don't know.
The sink is made from white plastic. All has worked fine for the past 7 years. Until today. When I notice that water is dripping out from underneath the sink into the cupboard underneath.
On close inspection I notice that there is now a screw missing in the plug hole, and that the gubbins underneath the unit is no longer tightly affixed to the underside of the unit.
Is there a standard size plastic screw for this - to go through the middle of the plug hole and tighten the whole thing together? If so, what's it called, and where can I get one. I don't really want to replace the whole sink for the sake of a screw.
Thanks
Noz
--
Email nozza underscore wales at yahoo co uk

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 23:08:00 +0000, Nozza

It's a half sink used typically for cleaning,peeling and straining vegetables among other things.

It's probably metric, but I would expect the screw to be metal, not plastic. I would use a stainless steel one as a replacement. B&Q have small packets of them.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Why not fit a new waste they cost very little and you will at least no it is the correct fixing

Yeah - that sort of thing...

Excellent - I'll pop over and have a look - is there a specific name or type of screw I'm looking for? I can picture the aisle with packets of screws in - there must 1000 different types...
Cheers
Noz
--
Email nozza underscore wales at yahoo co uk

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:56:19 +0000, Nozza

They don't do that many different types of stainless steel screw - perhaps 10 different kinds.
I would take the item that it screws into with you.
You might draw a blank because often these screws are quite long.
Otherwise you can buy packs of assorted stainless steel screws from places like Screwfix, but the trouble is that it would probably then be more cost effective to buy a new waste (plug hole) and trap.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:17:01 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

The screw in the plughole for the other bowl is likely to be identical, so you could take that one out temporarily for comparison. As Andy P says, worth having a look in the trap for the missing screw.
Nozza wrote:

Yes, these are sometimes avaialable, or, you can do what I did: Drill roght through the unit and put a bolt in and munge up the bits with BODY FILLER and Silicone.

Nozza wrote:

Have you looked in the trap for the old screw? It must have gone somewhere.
Andy
--
Replace MYNAME with my name to reply.

Try a decent plumbers merchant. Also it may be worth while contacting sink manufacturer. When I bought a Franke sink that part came with the sink in a separate package as it is part of a purpose made assembly to connect to the sink overflow. My guess is that the screw will be a metric thread and that any stainless steel (or brass) screw would make do. If the screw that you buy is to long you can always cut it down.
Where is the old screw now? have you looked in the U bend or what ever trap you have?
Michael Chare