Screeding a floor - revisited

Hi All

Solved the problem of my 5' x 4' porch floor that dropped by an inch over the length. To big a drop for a standard levelling compound.

Found a self levelling floor compound at a local tile supplier that will easily take a 40mm difference. The manufacturers don't claim as much, but the tile shop had a display sample over 50mm thick.

Comes as a 25kg bag and a 5 litre of latex solution.

Consistency of single cream, levelled the area with minimal towelling, set as smooth as a babies bottom in a couple of hours.

Highly recommended - works on wood floors as well;

good stuff, I will use it again.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

How much was that? I used one like this many years ago, but the price was rather steep at about £25 / bag.

I have used the Wickes "latex" leveling compound recently[1] a couple of times. It was about £14/bag IIRC. It mixes with water rather than latex liquid but seems to go on and behave in a very similar way. They also say in the instructions that if you want to level in thick sections then you can mix it with sharp sand for the initial screeding to get the level mostly right, and then do a second coat with an ordinary water only mix.

[1] not tried the cheaper non latex levelling compound they do, so don't know how much worse (if any) that is.
Reply to
John Rumm

About £16 the lot.

Reply to