Screed - What type?

Hi, I am doing the easy stuff on my conservatory myself to save £££, I laid the concrete base on Friday, at some point, I also need to put screed down ontop.

Briefly looking, there seem to quite a few different types.

I am looking at a depth of about 60mm, area of 18sq M. I will be going with laminate flooring eventually.

What are the advantages of the different types of screed?

What is the most suitable for my application? What is the most cost effective for my application? What are the potential downsides for going for the most cost effective solution?

Cheers!

Reply to
Black Shuck

60 mm is a lot of screed. Any reason why the base wasn't just laid 60mm higher?
Reply to
Stuart Noble

20 washed sand, 4 cement, 1/2 bucket water. Mix should be stiff. Start on one side of door way and work round the edge of the room in a clock ways direction about 9" to a 12" or 225mm to 300mm wide, checking with a 5' or 1.5 sprit level. Fill in the rest using a 3" x 2" or 50mm x 75mm timber as a level reaching from one side to the other. 1st finish with a plastic float to level out any dips filling in as you go then lightly skim over with a steel float. Do just enough as you can reach until you reach the door exit
Reply to
keith_765