Screed floors

Hi I am having a conservatory built. The builder is ready to lay the final screed to the floor but I have noticed that clearance between the rough concrete and the bottom of the door is currently only 45mm. I will be fitting either wood laminate or tiles on top of the finished floor so this will only leave 25 ?30mm for the screed. Is this enough? I read somewhere that screeds are normally 50 ? 70 mm thick. What will be the effect of a thinner screed, will it be OK. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks David

Reply to
David Oneill

Going back to my floorlaying days,we used to sometimes lay screed a lot thinner than your measurments. It was all dependent on how level the floor was. For instance offices,schools ect used to only need 20mm of screed. The strengh was often gained through the mix and not the thickness. It used to be red bags (water based) for normal use,Blue and green bags (latex based) for heavy comercial use. Hope this helps Dave

Reply to
Dave