scratched stainless steel cooker

Hi

Help required by a dodgy e-bay description victim! Just acquired a second hand range cooker which has a lot of shallow scratches. I don't want to go down the route of trying to take all the scratches out with abrasives and treating with acid. Does anyone know of a product / polish which would make markings less visible? Also (long shot this one I know!) all the control markings have been worn away so you can't tell what temperature oven is at etc. Anyone come across similar problem and found a solution?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Reply to
Mike

(a) Oven thermometer

(b) "Hi Dots" from RNIB can be used to add tactile markings to appliances. Or you could engrave a scale with a hand-held engraver (the sort used for security marking)

Unless you cook anything esoteric, almost everything will cook okay at 200C.

Owain

Reply to
Owain