Scrap

Me neither, and you might be interested to know the paper licenses are to be phased out in 2015.

Reply to
Huge

Huh! I'll be 70 before then:-(

Reply to
Tim Lamb

how does that help? If I allow someone to drive my car - not a "named driver" but an "any driver" where does the DVLA fit in?

Reply to
charles

I don't think anyone has found a definitive source to say that ye olde paper licences are going yet, just paper counterfoils to plastic licences.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not all insurance companies ask to see the licence. I've never been asked for mine, even when my car was written off last year. (The GAP insurance people did ask for a photocopy but that was just part of the 'drag it out as long as possible' process. Settlement for car - one week; GAP insurance payout - five weeks.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Mine have never asked.

MBQ