Scary Sharp video

Just been watching a video demonstrating the Scary Sharp method and cant make out what the guy is resting his sheet of glass on? I think I can make out the letters xler on one of them, but no Google search (with wildcard) produces a result. Anyone got any suggestions, either as to what they are or a suitable substitute. The look like thick neoprene or similar. Cheers

John

Reply to
johno

Just been watching a video demonstrating the Scary Sharp method and cant make out what the guy is resting his sheet of glass on? I think I can make out the letters xler on one of them, but no Google search (with wildcard) produces a result. Anyone got any suggestions, either as to what they are or a suitable substitute. The look like thick neoprene or similar. Cheers

johno

I've got a set of identical blocks somewhere, but don't know the source. Axminster do these which are clearly much the same

robgraham

In message , johno writes

Do you spend ALL your time watching videos then ?

Reply to
geoff

No, is the simple answer to a very simple question.

Reply to
johno

Do you understand why the question was asked?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Is it relevant? :-)

Reply to
johno

If it wasn't relevant, it wouldn't have been asked ...

Hint: How many times do you /think/ you posted the link to the video and your corresponding question?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I /know/ that when I hit send to make my original post, the PC crashed. I also /know/ that the second post was successful, as the wording was different to the first. It was not until I had changed machines and sent the second did I realise that the first had been sent, so I deleted it. This problem has not occurred before, /possibly/because I rarely post from the College Library machines on Google Groups, I usually use Thunderbird on my home PC. Maybe it makes no difference and is just pure chance, either way I am not losing sleep over it! Hope this makes sense and clarifies the situation. I do appreciate your question and you taking the time to reply, however it does not answer the original question, what are those things! ;-))) Cheers

Reply to
John

I though someone *did* give you an answer?

not exactly the same, but same purpose, via robgraham

Andy Burns

Bench Blocks was not on my Google search list lol

Really appreciate your time and input, this group has been so useful over the past year or two, picked up so much just by lurking!

Regards

John

Reply to
johno

Thank Rob, not me, also something pleasantly cheap to buy from Axminster!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Interesting, but I have looked through the archive and I only have yours, Geoffs and Jim K's posts? Nothing from Rob, wonder if he replied to the post I deleted, there where no replies at the time I deleted it however, very odd. Anyway thanks Rob and to you for passing it on. Yes it makes a change for Axminster to have a cheapy!

Reply to
johno