Scary fumes from Keston celsius 25.

Caustic soda is often used for bike exhausts, needs care as it will damage alloys and enamel, I'd have thought it OK with some plastics (worth testing first)

If making a strong solution it can get quite hot and give off caustic fumes, not good in a confined space! (BTDTGTTS) Still, the solution works best if hot...

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

OTOH caustic oven cleaner might be better if doing it in situ as it foams up and won't run off.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

So strong NaOH - i.e. DrainO. Should be OK on Stainless and MUPVC.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I don't think the amorphous forms are so at the molecular level.

Reply to
Ed Sirett