SCART Acronym

I am sure there was a discussion here some time ago as to what SCART stood for.

I have found the official answer on Google....

SCART

from (French) Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs); French-originated standard and associated connector for electronic equipment

and can also offer.......

Society of Cheese eating surrender monkeys Attempt to connect Radios & Televisions :=))

but i'm sure there were some others people here knew. Anyone got the link, or a long memory?

Reply to
Zikki Malambo

I liked the TV standards acronyms...

NTSC (USA) - Never Twice the Same Colour (Color?) SECAM (France) - System Essentially Contrary to the American Method PAL (Germany, UK) - Peace At Last!

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

TWAIN - Technology Without An Interesting Name

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)

I thought PAL was said to be 'Perfection At Last'

Petre Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

Not in the version I read, but I must admit that it makes more sense.

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

That is very true. Aren't the USA going to get rid of NTSC after all this time? 25 years ago they were talking about replacing it within a few years. Why the hold up?

And the USSR and Saudi Arabia.

Reply to
IMM

"Richard Sterry" wrote in news:cnfbd1$oe3$1$8302bc10 @news.demon.co.uk:

I understood SECAM to be

System Européenne Contre les AMericaines.

As most of the frogs have got O level French and refuse to understand any other language (or nationality, or philosophy, or culture, or mindset or, or, or....)

mike

Reply to
mike ring

ETSI, the European telecommunications standards body that invented GSM among other things is usually known by visiting Americans as the "European Telecomms Sightseers Incorporated" because Wednesday was always a "break early day" to enjoy a guided trip to see the sights of the host city, ensuring that one's memory of city xyz wasn't just the airport and the hotel as happens with the American ANSI and IEEE meetings.

Reply to
G&M

"IMM" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

Do they not use MESECAM in Saudi?

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

Some Connectors Are Really Tinny

other possible T's might be Terrible, Tacky, Troublesome, Tempremental etc

Reply to
Roly

SECAM or a slight variation on it.

Reply to
IMM

And Dmons routong protocol BURP

Bloody Useless Routing Protocol.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Stupid Connector Accessory for Radio and Television

Reply to
BigWallop

I prefer the recursive version: SCART Connectors Are Really Tinny.

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ

Exotic Trips for Sunshine Investigation" is another version of that.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Now that I *really* like!

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

... and of course we must never miss an opportunity to define recursion :-

Recursion - See recursion.

Reply to
Roly

I wonder if Eliza/IMM has a stack overflow vulnerability?

Reply to
MBQ

Is that in the dictionary?

Reply to
IMM

Yes it is, between Thargelia and thatch.

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ