Scaffolding used in the Medway Area

During WW2, the Japanese super-battleship (and Naval white elephant) Yamato was hidden in dock behind a vast wall of sacking held up on self-supporting bamboo scaffolding. Photos of it are most impressive.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

LOL!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Fuck off, you're as funny as a smirking schoolboy (eg not very)

Reply to
Steve Walker

In message , Tim Lamb writes

Wossem, then ?

having had an Indonesian take a 5m dish up the frame of a 50m tower with it roped around his neck and wearing a pair of flip flops

Reply to
geoff

Steve,

I bet you really were once "a smirking schoolboy" yourself (or perhaps you still are), but as another Medway fan with a bad sense of humour - perhaps this will suit you? *eg*

Unbeliever

Nanny state ...

Reply to
geoff

I found it surprising that India is trying to phase this sort of thing out - see here:

there's an opportunity here for the uk.d-i-yers to invent something good and win the prize.

Reply to
GB

geoff

Angle grinder - on a long stick?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , geoff writes

Just think, if we could export elfin safety, we could stop the rest of the world and regain our empire:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I can just see it. A brigade of the Ist Regiment Royal Scaftags, a long thin line of blokes called Clive in Hi Vis vests. Preeeesent Clipboards! Front rank - wait for it - fix ball points!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

As in, "I am just off out to angle grind me nuts off"? ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Unbeliever" saying something like:

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon