scaffolding for building an extension

I will need scaffolding to provide a work platform to go up in 1m stages to a max of 4 metres for building a single storey extension with a pitch roof. The job will take an unspecified time, so it may be best to buy. I will need around 15m length of scaffolding so I can walk all around the job whilst bricklaying etc. Best options / suppliers from anyone who has done this before ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Just call up three or for scaffolding companies in your area.

Each stage will be three or four guys for half a day to erect - so a few hundred quid per stage. The rental on it isn't too bad once erected. Taking it down will be included in the set up price..they want their scaffolding back;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sometimes they don't want it back and, rather than double handle it, they'll leave it stored at your place until they do.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Not at my place they wouldn't ;-)

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

extension

erected.

You may well not get the choice if they are paid up front (as is usual). One of the major problems with skips is that they are very fast to deliver them and collect the dosh, but mighty slow to take them away. A couple of years back my garage build was held up for four weeks nagging the skip people to shift it so others could get at the site.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

What about buying and selling on ebay after - is is prohibitively expensive ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

So, after a reasonable time, they can re-imburse me the cost of shifting it, or meet me in court.

My experience is exactly the opposite. They were nagging me to let them collect every time they had an empty lorry (having delivered a skip to someone else) in the area. You pays yer money...

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

All the builders round here use trestles and planks for single storey extensions with maybe a bit of tower for the gable fixed scaffold seems overkill for the job

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Yeah, I guess so. I could get a couple of small towers with planks between, which may be a flexible approach. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

extension

prohibitively

When I was >>REALLY

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Where did skips appear from?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

quoted

The skip was full of my rubble, and had been ordered and paid for by me. As replacement skips came in there was no delay - usually came same day, however the last skip took over 4 weeks to be taken away with a lot of nagging from me!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

But what does it have to do with SCAFFOLDING.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You are better off getting some trestles for the work upto first floor joist height and then just hiring a scaffold if you need to build a gable up bit higher

Trestles are about =A325 and long boards about =A312 - four of each should do you for an extension - just move them around.

They will be cheaper to buy, and easier to sell than an assortment of poles and clips

dg

Reply to
dg