Scaffolding for a dormer

I can see from my window a neighbour having scoffing put up for a side and rear dormer - its towering above even the chimney now - looks way too OTT high! Have they just forgotten when to stop going up?

Reply to
mogga

Perhaps they are going for the full "lid" type of scaffolding - damn good idea in this country!

Reply to
John Rumm

about to construct a humoungous tower with gothic spires which will be circled by bats! uk.legal.moderated now! --------------->

Reply to
David

A good idea until you find out the cost - scaffolding for my extension is costing 3 grand, if they'd had to cover the whole roof it would have been 10!

Reply to
pcb1962

'kin expensive scaffolders then! (paid £500 flat rate when I did my loft!)

Reply to
John Rumm

LOL he's not got PP only building regs listing. Is the 70m2 permitted development less the garage he's also got? Maybe that one is for uk.legal

Reply to
mogga

He is indeed! After us thinking they were mad they're clearly not. Am intrigued by the idea of a dormer extension and will be watching with interest! (not to have one ourselves as we've got a side extension already)

Reply to
mogga