Scaffold tower platform

What is supposed to go on top of a scaffold tower? Four loose planks? Or a square platform that is all-one-piece?

Reply to
Chris

If it's like the one I hired years ago it was a couple of rectangular sections that clipped on to the top rails in the same way all the other sections clipped together . Like this

Stuart

===================== It's easier to take separate planks to the top of your tower and they'll enable you to climb inside the tower for a bit of extra safety.

If the span is more than 4' then you'll probably need a centre support to prevent flexing / breaking. I use a short length of scaffold tube with two scaffold clips to provide a centre support on my 6' x 4' towers.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

On my 4 foot tower I use 5 foot long 2x6 planks with 3x2 blocks on the bottom to stop them slideing off the tower.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I suppose the old plank is much more easily carry up scaffold than a bulky board.

Why?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

And the other thing is... You can govern the widness of the scaffold using the plank method ie if the area restricts scaffold only two plank wide then the boarding method would fail as you would have to have different sized width boards.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Once you have the bottom of the tower up, you put planks on to make steps, to stand on as you build the tower up. Then use the planks to near on, lifting the planks from below. Once you are at the top with all the planks, you feel a bit of a plank, as you remember you forgot to put the ladder up to use to get down.

Reply to
Rick

Blimey, thats not very tall...... I'll get me coat.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

The message from Dave Stanton contains these words:

I watched a bloke from Sky TV today putting up a dish on a nearby house. He was putting it about 3' above the back door, so was only on about the

4th step of a ladder, and given the cable run he used there wasn't any call to go higher. He was wearing a hardhat.
Reply to
Guy King

You have to watch those pigeons .

Dave