Scaffold Tower 6 x 4 Brand New

Has anyone bought one of these scaffold towers from e-bay. They seem to appear at the rate of 1 or 2 a week. All with the same picture but with several different addresses around the UK...
...just a bit suspicious...
Colin

Probably the same one; people buy it, find it's crap, sell it on ;-)
Martin wrote:

I would guess they come from the same fabricator as delivery is included, the eBay merchant is just acting as an agent.

Seems expensive for what it is. Starts at 165 + 50. Last one she (elizabluethornberry) sold for 190 + 50 delivery. It has no height adjustable feet, stabilisers or platform boards. Stevenc2112 has sold them for 332 & 220 both plus 55 del. Online price direct from a fabricator would be much less, and you could select one to suit yourself.
Second hand rusty steel towers can be bought locally for under 50, I got one for 15. A second hand alloy tower complete with all accessories can be had inexpensively, I bought a paint splattered one for 230.
Firms will sell on alloy towers often as they fail H&S requirements. For work use they should have stabilisers, and toe boards which are not really needed in a diy situation.
--
Toby.

be
Thanks for the info.
I'll look out for one locally then. 15 sounds like a real bargain...
Colin
Colin wrote:

It was! but very rusty, and a bit battered, needs a good whack to separate the frames. Used it indoors to plasterboard the ceiling.
For new ones, these look OK: http://www.scaffold-towers.co.uk/summit.html I can highly recommend adding wheels, even just two.
There's an ad I saw below (not mine!), although these look a bit short as they quote 'working' height of 18ft meaning the frames may be 15ft and the platform at 12ft. OK for most stuff but not the gutters.
http://household.freeads.co.uk/Scaffold_tower_4x4x18wh_%A390.00_or-94267.htm Scaffold tower 4x4x18wh 90.00 or 6x4x18wh 120.00
--
Toby.