Scaffold attach to wall how?

How to attach scaffold to a wall? Are there clip/bolts for sale, if so what are they called, or where on the interweb shall I look?

Some double brick walls, some thick stone and lime walls.

And is there readymade flashing so scaffold can come out of the slated roof?

[george]
Reply to
george - dicegeorge

In article , george - dicegeorge writes

Scaffolding eyes are the traditional way for tall scaffolds:

If it was my own home and it wasn't that high I'd consider stays instead and gaining stability by building round 2 sides (ie round a corner).

Reply to
fred

If it isn't too high, outrigger legs (diagonals from the side of the scaffolding away from the building down to the ground) might suffice. Otherwise, scaffolding eyes, or 10mm anchor bolts or thread forming anchor bolts, these used with big washers and steel wire if you've nowt else.

If there are windows in the right place you can rope through the windows and the room doors in a big loop.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Indeed. I recently needed some scaffolding spanning my conservatory to provide access for (house) roof repairs - and that was just free-standing, with outriggers etc. keeping it stable, like Bill said.

Reply to
Roger Mills

What sort of scaffold? Real steel scaffold properly put up and braced is a) sodding heavy b) very stable. When we had proper scaffolding put up hear to paint the walls it was free standing and no outriggers but did form a sort of question mark shape along 4 walls. If it had just been two or three risers and a straight run I suspect it would have outriggers.

A lightweight ali tower is a different matter but the outriggers ought to make it stable, if not they aren't doing their job.

Sorry, don't understand the question. Why would one want scaffold (a temporary thing) built permenantly into the roof?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I should have added that if you drill the wall for anchors, leave them in afterwards. They aren't noticeable and they will be there for next time. Also they will be good for the street decorations at the Coronation.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Fortunately I have a wooden house, and it was easy to screw large bolts through the weatherboards into the framing.

I have left the bolts there for next time.

Reply to
MattyF

I asked the scaffolders to leave them in at the back, and to leave the holes at the front but to unscrew the eyes, which I kept. I used one to tie the top of the ladder to later on.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Best is to have free standing self supporting scaffolding ... however if you can't do that then one alternative is to use Putlock fittings into the brickwork.

Reply to
Rick Hughes