Sawdust on Clothes

We used to have a nice old washing machine, that used *LOTS* of water. It had absolutly no problems getting the sawdust out of my clothes after a day in the workshop.
SHMBO wanted a tumble dryer, so obediantly I purchaased a new washer dryer, that uses "only the water it needs". Well it gets the normal clothes clean, but to tottaly useless at removing sawdust, grass cuttings, brick dust and the like.
Is this normal or have a brought a dud ? How do I clean my DIY clothes, short of brining the old washer back, and using eBay for the new one ?
Thanks Rick

had absolutly no problems getting the sawdust out of my clothes after a day in the workshop.

dryer, that uses "only the water it needs". Well it gets the normal clothes clean, but to tottaly useless at removing sawdust, grass

using eBay for the new one ?

Try vacuuming them before putting them in the washer. :-))
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

It certainly worked on the twin towers - I've not heard one single Septic complaining about the amount of sawdust around lower Manhattan
--
geoff

OooHhhhh !!!! :-))
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

I guess if you'd lost a relative in that situation you might not be making fun of it.
From what I saw on TV footage there was an incredible amount of dust blown around that area of New York when the buildings collapsed.
PoP

This week's edition of Science has a report on the toxicology of the dust and the volatiles. <http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/summary/301/5640/1649?etoc
Seems that you needed to have either been enveloped by that dust cloud or a rescue worker to have a reasonable chance of debility from all the stuff floating around. However for those at risk, many still have respiratory complaints.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby

Possibly not, but I doubt it

--
geoff

Cool, new toy time .........

Start the clothes on the wool cycle - that uses lots of water -- and wait until there's plenty in the drum. Turn off the washer, move to whatever cycle you'd usually use, and continue. Works on mine.
Thomas Prufer
Thanks, I will issue SHMBO new instructions ......

Our Miele has an intensive button for such purposes. Works a treat!
Steve