sawboard

Can you use your back-to-front saw board? As much of the saw's sole plate will not be supported by the saw board, does this cause the saw to lean slightly and cut at a slight angle?

Reply to
Fred

Thanks. This is why I think a saw board is preferable: it saves the hassle of having to work out offsets and you can see exactly where the cut will be by looking along the edge of the board.

Reply to
Fred

I guess if you are making one from a sheet of plywood, then you have plenty of spare ply to make the batten but thanks for the idea, I'll certainly take a look next time I am in Wickes.

Reply to
Fred

Is there a reason you make yours double-sided? Is it just to save rotating it in confined spaces?

I presume you make each side equal widths and not the saw-the-wrong-way-round on one side that PCB was talking about in his post?

Reply to
Fred

Make two 8' ones and saw one in half.

Reply to