Saw Blade

Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I have apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days of my life.

I can see no reason to go and get an angle grinder for the small occasional jobs I may have for one.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I'm sure I have seen grinder blades for jigsaws, presumably for tiles. Never seen one for a sabre saw, is that what you mean? One type of tile cutter is just a table saw with a diamond disk.

Reply to
newshound

Grinding discs come as 4.5", 5", 9" with 22mm bore. Not likely to fit your saw. Also the blade guard might well be plastic and so unsuitable for use with abrasive discs. An occasional use angle grinder is stupidly cheap new so use the right tool for the job.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

with no details who knows. Often.

AGs do 11-13 krpm, saws a few krpm. It won't work.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The answer is maybe. If you can find disks with the same size hole or an adaptor. 'They' do try and make these things as difficult as possible.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What difference will it be to your descendants whether you leave them an angle grinder or a few extra quid?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I imagine fitting a grinding disc to a circular saw could make the remaining few days of your life even fewer.....

Reply to
David Lang

Why? Much easier to control a circular saw type device than an angle grinder. The bed keeps it square to the work, for a start. And has better guards.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Remaining few days?

death by grinder is a messy business! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff