satin paint over partially bare wood

Ok, I admit it, I have bitten off more than I can chew. I had great visions of sanding back to bare wood my stained stair bannister, but after much sweat and tears I have decided to paint the damn thing white instead.

Thing is I am now left with a a banister which is bare wood in some parts and pretty much still stained in others

Can I just go over the whole thing with my Dulux 'Primer & Undercoat - for Wood' and then apply 1/2 coats of Quick Dry Satinwood (also Dulux) or do I need to complete the job?

Thanks.

Reply to
mmccar

In article , mmccar writes

Yup, that'll work fine, I would expect you to need 2 coats of satinwood to cover.

Reply to
fred